Small Business Saratoga
SEDC uses an approach that provides solutions to many of the requirements that advance a company’s growth from the start-up stage forward.
The services SEDC can provide to a small business are:
- Analysis of Entrepreneurial Opportunities.
- Referrals to educational programming to develop business skills:
- Chamber of Commerce Starting A Business Course
- Referrals for development of business plans, marketing plans, and strategic plans.
- Small Business Development Center
- Referrals to financial services
- New York Business Development Corporation (NYBDC)
- SEDC Member Banks and Financial Institutions
- Community Economic Development and Revolving Loan Funds
- City of Saratoga Springs Economic Development Fund
- Town of Greenfield Economic Development Fund
- Site selection assistance
- Small business owners that are investors or members of SEDC can take advantage of SEDC’s Mentor Match Program. Mentor Match connects small business owners with CEO’s or business owners in similar industries to provide one-on-one mentoring.
SEDC works with other entities to bring small business to Saratoga County. SEDC’s continued relationship with the Small Business Administration and New York Business Development Corporation provides 504 Program financing to small businesses. This program can provide financing for up to 90 percent of fixed assets. SEDC works with Revolving Loan Funds throughout Saratoga County to assist small businesses and help them prosper in Saratoga County.
Small business resource links:
- SCORE – Counselors to Small Business
- Small Business Administration
- Small Business Development Center at the University at Albany
- New York Business Development Corporation
- Empire State Development Corporation- Small Business Assistance
- New York State Energy Research Development Authority
- IRS Small Business/Self-Employed Tax Center