SEDC realizes that economic development is a team sport. For SEDC’s marketing and retention efforts to succeed, we need partners with shovel-ready land with appropriate infrastructure to accommodate businesses considering Saratoga County as a location for investment.
It’s also important to leverage any applicable state and local incentive programs. SEDC can offer creative programs to help make relocation or expanding in the county more affordable. Having someone in your corner committed to your success can be very valuable in this regard.
Our capacity building efforts will include:
- Identifying opportunities for new and/or expanded industrial and commercial site and park development.
- Working with private and public sectors to make that development shovel-ready.
- Helping local communities and private-sector developers secure financing for infrastructure expansions that will result in new investment and job creation.
- Conducting regular meetings with Saratoga County partners, including county and municipal officials and real estate stakeholders to coordinate marketing efforts.
Our success speaks for itself. SEDC has been the private-sector point-of-contact for more than 300 successful business attraction, retention and expansion projects, accounting for more than 17,500 new jobs, $14 billion in investments, and millions of dollars in annual tax revenue. In just the past three years alone, we have helped create 775 new jobs and retain nearly 600 others, and facilitated more than $2 billion in new capital investments. One of our proudest accomplishments is to have done our work with 100% private-sector funding —business helping business.
SEDC can provide the following services to businesses looking to expand or locate in Saratoga County:
- One-Stop-Shop for incentive negotiation including Industrial Development Agencies, Utility Companies, Empire State Development (ESD) Programs and Federal Programs.
- Economic development project management – from start to finish. Commercial Brokers enjoy using SEDC as their first–point-of-contact for all aspects of the development process including communication with state and regional economic development programs and individuals to bridge the gap between government and the business community
- “World Class” proposals for expansion and attraction clients
- Building and Site Location Inventory including “off the market” sites.
- Go Global – Global Recruitment & Expansion
- Real estate analysis and market research, including site selection for builders and developers.
- Aggressively market Saratoga County to national and international site selectors, commercial brokers and corporations.
- Financial Services
- Workforce Recruitment
- Industrial Development Agency Liaison
- Small Business Assistance
- Community Economic Development
- External Marketing
- Customized Training Programs through NYS Department of Labor and Academia
- Labor Market Analysis utilizing Geographic Information Systems